Guide Community Senior Associate Asia, Americas, UK, Iberia Specialist
Travel Fulfillment Coordinator
Context has redefined the travel industry by bringing authentic experiences to life both online and in-person in over 60 cities around the world. Context Travel – our in-person offering – provides half and full-day walking tours (private or small group shared experiences) that dive deep into a city’s rich history and culture. Context Learning – our online offering – provides live and on-demand seminars, courses, and virtual tours. We are the first to make it possible to learn through travel before, during, and after a trip — creating those unforgettable moments that our guests treasure for a lifetime.
Context is a long-standing tour company and B Corp, backed by growth equity since 2017.
Outline of Position
LOCATION: US Remote
Context Travel is a remote team and has a preference to hire in the following states: CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, IL, ME, MA, NJ, NY, NC, and PA. While we are open to hiring outside of these states, you must be located near a major metropolitan area. Please note your location and your closest international airport in your application.
The Expert Community Senior Associate (EXSA) for our travel business focuses on ensuring a high-quality experience for individuals in our global expert community regarding their communication and contact with the company. As an EXSA, you are there to deliver a positive connection with the expert community, and the Context team, be it with a single interaction via email or phone, assisting with on-the-ground issues, assisting with training and social events, or facilitating end-of-month payments.
As a primary point of contact for experts and a representative of the company, the role requires a high level of communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work well with a variety of individuals across cultures and time zones.
General Job Outline and Responsibilities
- Support the Expert Community Manager and team in the execution of expert account management for our global team of 1200 experts. This includes but is not limited to:
- Ensure holistic onboarding of new experts with training materials
- Assist new experts with the preparation of tour planning
- Be a point of contact for the expert community and cross-functionally
- Resolve expert-related issues
- Own your regional area end-to-end and be the go-to for internal teammates and external guides.
- Monitor and respond to city Whatsapp groups
- Prepare end-of-month accounting and liaise with the accounts payable team
- Review client survey feedback and proactively communicate negative feedback to experts
- Provide experts with training tools and recommendations
- Monitor experts' performance based on KPIs
- Develop functional Standard Operating Procedures and maintain a functional internal knowledge hub
- Develop expert resources and maintain an expert knowledge hub
- Be responsible for trainings design
- Be responsible for live/zoom trainings
- Support community-building and other strategic initiatives, including event planning logistics, scheduling city-wide Zoom calls, and newsletter planning and creation
- Work across cultures and time zones with our global teams: client services, technology, sales, marketing, finance & expert community. Collaborate on cross-functional processes
- Actively participate in team meetings and cross-functional meetings and projects
- Occasionally travel to international markets to meet experts on the ground
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- A passion for people, traveling and learning about world culture, history, and art
- Work experience in the cultural sector or travel industry preferred
- Work experience in a corporate environment
- Digital native or strong digital proficiency - preference for applicants with experience in Front, Slack, HubSpot and Google for Business suite (Google Sheets, Docs, Forms, Drive, Gmail)
- Mac proficiency preferred
- Fluency in the English language, bonus if you are fluent in another European language as well
- Ability to work efficiently in a remote, fast-paced, international, tech-reliant environment, independently and as part of a distributed team
- Experience as a tour guide is a plus
- Passion and interest in Japanese culture are a plus
Day-to-day, you'll need to be able to:
- Work in a fast-paced, remote environment, be ready to make informed suggestions and decisions to tour itineraries and venue requirements
- Raise your hand for projects and initiatives involving colleagues across time zones, functions, and levels - there are endless learning and growth opportunities
- Understand our end-to-end process and its impact on the customer experience, expert experience, and internal process scalability
- Prioritize weekly work for yourself with a view of the work for the month, knowing that “trade-offs” are part of prioritization and efficiency
- Care about what motivates PEOPLE: we are a people-centric business connecting customers with our amazing experts and travel experiences across the globe
In exchange, we are thrilled to offer:
- A supportive, mission-oriented work environment with colleagues who care
- Unlimited access to online seminars and in-person tours
- Annual learning & wellness stipend to pursue personal and professional interests
- A competitive salary with 401K (+ match), health & dental insurance
- Tech stipend
- Flexible PTO (with no caps, encouraged minimums, and parental leave)
- A remote-first work policy
- An annual company retreat to connect with international colleagues (past locations include Lisbon, Barcelona, the Poconos [arguably the most memorable], Mexico City and New York City)
Context Travel is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.