Title: Lead Developer/Architect
Reports to: founders
Location: Philadelphia, PA (Fitlers Square) & remote
Context Travel organizes expert-led walking tours for the intellectually curious. We operate in 35 cities around the world, but have our home base here in Philadelphia. We are a certified B-Corp and INC 5000 company looking to hire a full-time lead developer and architect to help us with the next stage in our growth.
We are looking for a full-stack technologist with good mobile and single-page-application experience who can oversee our entire digital program and manage external, dispersed teams. We need someone who can get their hands dirty actually writing code but also has the project management chops to oversee remote developers on several projects at once. Time will be spent with the founders building digital strategy, testing, and refining that strategy. But, the emphasis is on implementation: i.e. building stuff.
– Minimum of five years developing software
– Some experience managing remote freelance developers located around the world, such as in India
– Ruby on Rails expert
– AngularJS genius
– Someone who dreams in HTML5 and CSS3 and has a proven track record maintaining quality across different teams in both.
– A passion for clean, RESTful APIs; ability to write, debug, and project-manage APIs
– DevOps experience including configuring and deploying servers
– Experience writing tests; familiarity with monitoring systems like Airbrake and Newrelic
– iOS app development
– Other nice-to-have experience: Building Chrome Extensions, integrating email, SMS systems like Nexmo, Prerender, server-side delivery in SPAs, github, pivotal tracker, Rackspace and AWS, CDNs, token oauth, experience with Braintree payment systems, Google Apps integration, experience with machine learning and recommender systems, SWIFT
– Interest and experience with travel
– Embrace lean principles (eliminate waste, deliver frequently, build integrity in, etc.)
– Business-minded and a strong collaborator
– Strong analytical and problem solving skills
– Effectively work as part of a distributed team
– Ability to organize multiple projects, work independently and efficiently
The ideal candidate is a thinker, able to understand business goals and product requirements, and quickly translate those ideas into creative, innovative, and functional development concepts.
salary commensurate with experience, benefits including health care, 401k matching, and unlimited vacation (B Corp certified).
Type of Position: Full-time, salaried.
Location: Some time in our Philadelphia office, majority remote.
Context is an equal opportunity employer and we consider all applications without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or domestic partner status.